Whole wheat chapatti(roti)
whole wheat chapatti is simple and delicious flat breads in India , which is served with Indian curries and main dishes. Chapatti can be used as wrap for dishes . Here I am showing Insyruaction to made flat bread with whole wheat only. Whole wheat is very healthy and rich in fiber.
- 3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water .
- Add whole wheat flour in a large bowl with salt , mix well
- now add milk to it and mix. Slowly add water and mix flour with your hand and knead dough to make a soft dough ball . Keep dough aside for 10 mins covered with lid or Muslim cloth.
- Roll small amount of dough in your palm to make a ball and flattened with palm. Now dip ball in dry flour ,roll on clean surface with the help of rolling pin and make a thin circular flat bread (use more dry flour to dust if dough stick) if it’s not circular you can used any circular plate or dish to cut out extra from chapatti and roll corners to make smooth.
- Heat a flat griddle or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Wish some dry flour on pan to test if it turn out brown means pan is ready for cooking.
- flap rolled chapatti on hand to remove extra dry flour drom
- it and put it on griddle or skillet. And wait for few seconds for chapatti to cook from one side when it’s cooked from one side flip it and wait for few more seconds until you see bubble on it.
- cook on your griddle or skillet from both side by pressing corners of chapatti with spatula chapatti will puff like air ball and will have brown spots on both side.
- Fresh and hot chapatti is ready to serve with your dishes and curries.