Veg fried rice
Veg fried rice in Indian style, fried rice is a popular dish that you enjoy everywhere you go but Indian style Fried rice little different than Chinese style fried rice. As fried rice name suggest sounds like deep fried but it’s not deep fried, it is prepared with only 1 tbsp of oil. If you have leftover boiled rice or boiled rice, then this fried rice will be ready in just 5 mins. Easy to make and good to taste.
- Boiled plain rice 2 cup
- Onion sliced 1 medium
- Tomato chopped 1 medium
- Green bell pepper or capsicum 1 medium sliced
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice 1 tsp
- Red Chili powder 1/3 tsp or as per taste
- Tomato ketchup 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce 1 tsp (optional)
- Microwave boiled rice for 1 min to warm up.
- if you don’t have boiled rice, washed 1/2 cup rice properly and boil it with 1 cup of water, switched off flame when rice is cooked, don’t over cook.
- In a deep pan, add 1 tbsp oil and cumin seed when seed crackers, add onions and sauté till Caramelize. Now add chopped tomato, capsicum, red chili powder, tomato katchup and let it cook for 2 mins covered so everything cooks well.
- Now add salt, boiled rice and toss to mix everything. Add lemon juice and toss it properly.
- Indian style Fried rice is ready.
Note: If you are using soya sauce, add it with tomatoes.