Suji Halwa(Semolina cake)
Suji halwa is traditional Indian sweet dish which is prepared in all over in India known by different names like sheera, rava kesari etc. In North Indian on every festival Suji halwa is prepared, festival remain incomplete if there is no Suji halwa. It can any celebration Holi festival, New year celebration, Christmas, Diwali, Karwa celebration etc. Suji halwa is everyone’s favorite. Today is Holi so I am sharing suji halwa recipe on my blog. Easy to prepare in your kitchen.
- Suji (Semolina) 1 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Clarifies butter (ghee) 1/3 cup
- Green cardamon powder 1/4 tsp
- Sliced almonds 1/3 cup
- Grated coconut 1 tbsp (optional)
- Raisins soaked 1 tbsp
- Boiled hot water 4 cups
- In a heavy bottom pan add clarified butter(ghee) when it melts add Semolina (Suji) and keep stirring on medium heat till it changes its little color and you can feel aroma of roasted Semolina.
- when it’s roasted, slow down the flame to low and add raising, cardamom powder, sugar and mix well. Add hot boiled water and mix well (be careful while adding water make sure flame is at low, it will boil up high or you can take it out from flame and add water)
- Cover it for 1 min at medium heat and keep stirring so it won’t stick at the bottom of pan. When mixture come together and leave the corners of the pan add coconut and sliced almonds (keep few for garnishing).
- Mix well and switched off the flame.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and serve immediately.