Khaman Dhokla is one of the most famous snack or breakfast in gujrat. It’s a lot of preparation to make dhokla but I like instant dhokla takes just 20 mins. Following is the ingredients you need and instructions to make sponge khaman dhokla. Ingredients: 1 cup […]
Pakode with chutney in rainy season with a cup of spicy masala tea blows everyone’s mind.Its very and quick to make paneer pakoda not much preparation needed. you can fine my recipes of chutneys served with pakoras, click here for chutney recipe Ingredients: 1 cup […]
Makki Ki Roti is favorite food in North India specially in Punjab with Sarson ka saag. Makki ka aata is also known as sweet corn flour. Working with this flour is very tricky but with practice it will become easy once you get it , how to use. Today i am sharing recipe for Makki ke prathe with fenugreek leaves, radish etc that gives crunchy tasty pratha for breakfast can be served with butter or curd.
for makki ke prathe you need following ingredients.
- Makki ka aata-3 cups
- Chopped fenugreek leaves- 1/2 cup
- Radish 1/2 cup grated and squeezed water separated
- 2 green chilies chopped
- Salt as appropriate
- carom seeds 1/4 tsp
- Oil for shallow frying
- Warm water to knead dough
Instructions to make pratha:
- Mix Makki ka aata, carom seeds and salt in bowl.
- Add fenugreek leaves , grated radish, chilies to bowl , mix well and leave for 2 mins covered. water from radish will came out when came in contact with salt.
- Add warm water. Mix and knead to make a smooth dough
- With a damp kitchen cloth, cover the dough for 10 minutes
- Take part of dough approx size of medium size cupcake. make a ball with your palm, flatten all the dough pieces.
- On flat board place poly-bag or flat sheet and grease it with oil so dough won’t stick to sheet while making pratha.
- Now Place Flat dough pieces on sheet and wet your hand with water and tap on dough with your wet hands to spread it and make a round shape flat bread.
- Place iron Griddle or pan on high flame.
- Keep your hand on flat bread and flip sheet on your hand and carefully remove sheet from bread and place flat bread on iron Griddle or pan to cook.(be careful pan is hot and after place bread if it break somewhere you can fix with pressing it )
- Flip bread when cook from one side and let it cook from other side as well. Put 1-2 teaspoonful of oil all around it and cook.
- Keep the pratha turning brown spotted and well cooked on both sides
- Pratha is now ready to be served. Serve it hot with butter or curd.
- 3 large Potatoes
- salt to taste
- chat masala 1 tsp optional
- oil for frying
- Wash the potatoes and peel them( or you can just wash and leave the skins on for more fiber and supplements) and cut into even size pieces. You can make thin, thick, but all should be same size!
- Soak the cut potatoes for 15-20 minutes in ice water to make them more firm when prepared.
- Drain potatoes from the water and dry altogether on paper towels. Deep fry potatoes till those are half done not fully. Place on paper towel for 5 mins.
- Put the half done potatoes in an big ziplock plastic bag And freeze them.
- Whenever you want to eat just take it out from Freezer and immediately deep fry them in hot oil(be careful while frying oil or use long handle specula while putting frozen fries in oil.
- flip fries in between for even frying. When fries change its colour, take it out on paper towel and sprinkle salt and chat masala on it.
- french fries 🍟 are ready.
- serve them crunchy and hot.
Indian breakfast without paratha looks like didn’t eat anything whole day. Ajwan paratha is simple , tasty and help in digestion not heavy on tummy. Ajwayan partha can be severed with butter , pickle or yogurt. Ajwayan(carom seeds) is ancient Indian herbs which is used […]
Jeera Aloo is easiest recipe for me, whenever i feel something extra to add on dinning, jeera aloo is ready in less than 5 mins, you just need boiled potatoes in advance.
- 2 cup Boiled potatoes (cut in medium cubes)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp coriander powder
- 1/3 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/3 cup coriander (chopped)
- 1/3 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 green chilies (chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- Heat oil in a heavy base pan
- Add Cumin seeds and let it roast for few seconds until it change color
- Add Coriander powder, red chili powder , green chilies, ginger and mix well.
- Now add potatoes in it and mix well.
- Add salt , garam masala powder, dry mango powder , roasted cumin powder. Mix and cover for 1 minutes on medium flame for flavor to incorporate in potatoes.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well , Jeera aloo is ready to serve. Serve hot.
you can add any variation as per your taste like sprinkle grated cheese 🧀 on top when it’s hot , add green chutney if you want to enjoy jeera aloo as snack.
Mint chutney(sauce) is my favorite chutney goes with every snack. Pakoras /Samosas without chutney is nothing. It’s not only spicy but sweet as well. It has combination of sweet, sourness and spicy, all together yumm yumm !! Ingredients: 2 cup Coriander leaves 1 cup Mint […]