Aloo Paneer Kulcha is popular Indian flat bread, stuffed with spiced potatoes and paneer stuffing. For stuffed kulcha, there can be any variations as per taste. But paneer and aloo stuffing combination taste yummy and soft inside. Traditionally only Tandoor ovens were used to make […]
TIL ke laddo is very tasty and instant sweet to enjoy during winter time. Sesame (TIL) is very good source of calcium. Someone suffering from osteoporosis should eat at least one teaspoon of sesame with milk everyday for at least one month, it will help […]
Fruity Bhel as name suggested is the combination of fruits and bhel, bhel is a mixture of some savory snacks. So, fruity bhel have lots of fruits, crunch of snacks, tanginess of chutneys etc. Here is the ingredients and recipe.
- Sev 1/2 cup
- Roasted Chana dal 1 tbsp
- Puffed rice 1 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Roasted peanuts 1/3 cup(optional)
- Salted mathri 3 pieces(optional)
- Pomegranate 1/2 cup
- Green and red grapes chopped 1/4 cup
- Green apple and red apple fine chopped 2 tbsp
- Tomato fine chopped 1 tbsp
- Onion fine chopped 1 tbsp(optional)
- Green chilies 2 fine chopped(optional)
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Mint/Green chutney 1 tsp
- Imli / turmind sauce 1 tsp
- Fine castor sugar 1 tsp
- In a big bowl mix all chopped fruits with pomegranate seeds. Add lemon juice, mint and turmind sauce, salt, green chilies.
- Mix well and add other ingredients, puffed rice, onion, tomato, sev, roasted chana dal, peanuts, sugar, Break mathri pieces mix in bhel mixture. Mix everything together, fruity bhel is ready.
- Serve immediately.
- Onion, puffed rice, sev, and roasted ingredients should be added at very last when you are ready to serve. Otherwise bhel will become soggy and soft.
- You can add any fruit of your choice to enhance taste as per your liking.
Channa Bhatura is Punjabi’s favorite breakfast, it’s heavy breakfast to start your day with lots of energy and calories. Health conscious people may find it little unhealthy as it’s fried but occasionally it’s ok to have your favorite breakfast.
Here I am describing recipe of Bhatura that is served with spicy Channa (spicy chick peas). You can find recipe of Channa on this link click here for Channa recipe.
Bhatura is crispy puffed deep-fried bread. Bhatura looks crispy from outside but soft from inside. Main thing for having good Bhatura is to prepare good dough, if dough is good you will get good Bhaturas.
Ingredients for Bhatura:
- Refine flour 3 cup
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Oil 3 tsp
- Milk 1 cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
Instructions to make Bhatura:
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix well. Add 3 tsp oil and rub with your hand to have crumble like texture of flour or you can use food processor to make dough.
- Add 1 cup milk in bowl and knead the soft dough. If required, you can add little water. Cover the dough to rest with Lid and keep it aside for 30 mins.
- In deep frying pan, heat oil for frying.
- Now take cupcake size dough in your hand and make a ball and use oil in your hand so dough won’t stick. Flat the ball in your hand. On clean surface grease some oil rolls the dough ball in circular shape disc with help of rolling pin.
- Slip flat dough bread in hot oil carefully and let it come on oil surface by itself and press gently with frying ladle to puff Bhatura. flip it to cook on other side, when it’s crispy golden from from both sides, take out on paper towel for excess oil to be spaced by paper towel.
- Serve immediately with chick peas or Aloo curry.
Turmind sauce or chutney is very tangy and sweet in flavor and is always available in my home, as I don’t like chutney from market. I prepare my own chutney and use it with every snack or chaats. It’s very easy to make.
- Water 4 cup
- Turmind seedless 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Jaggery or sugar 1 cup
- Roasted cumin powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Sock seedless turmind in a cup of warm water for 10 mins and stain water without touching turmind , it will wash turmind now mash turning in 1/3 cup warm water and extract its pulp and stain from little big hole stained to remove pulp from mesh.
- Boil 4 cup of water in a sauce pan and add turmind pulp to it and bring it to boil.
- Add salt, chili powder, sugar and roasted cumin powder and stir it . Tum the flame to medium-low for it to boil 5-10 mins . Till water reduce to 2/3 of quantity.
- Switch off the flame and add Garam masala powder to it and mix well. Keep it on room temperature to cool down .
- Store it in a sterilized container on room temperature for 5-7 days or you can keep it in freeze for one month.