Mix veg (dhaba style)
Mix veg, full of veggies in one dish. In Dhaba (restaurant) it may seem like mix veg is hard to cook in their style but it’s very easy to prepare at home in your kitchen in dhaba(restaurant) style.
- Potato medium size 2
- Carrot 1
- Green beans chopped 1/3 cup
- Green peas 1/3 cup
- Cauliflower cubes 1 cup
- Green pepper 1/2 cup cut in square cubes
- Tomato puree 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp (or as per taste)
- Green chilies chopped 1 tbsp (optional)
- Grated cottage cheese 1 tbsp(optional)
- Cottage cheese cubes 1/4 cup (optional for vegan)
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Mango powder 1/2 tsp (amchoor)
- Roasted cumin powder 1 tsp
- Oil or clarified butter 2 tbsp
- Wash and peel potatoes, carrots and cut them in same size cubes.
- In a heavy bottom pan put oil or clarified butter. When oil is little hot add cumin seeds. When cumin crackers a bit, add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, tomato puree and mix well and let it cook for 2 mins. Oil will leave corners of pan when puree and all spices will be cooked.
- Now add all the vegetables and mix well. slow down the flame to low and cover it with lid for 7-10 minutes. Add salt, cheese cubes and Check if the vegetables are cooked well if not cover again on low flame for few more minutes and let vegetables cooked.
- Make sure there is no water in vegetables if you see water, increase flame to medium.Stir vegetables to let water to evaporate and incorporate flavors in vegetables.
- When vegetables are cooked well, add roasted cumin powder, dry mango powder, Garam masala powder and toss the vegetables.
- Garnish with grated cheese and Serve immediate with any bread you want.