Makki ke prathe
Makki Ki Roti is favorite food in North India specially in Punjab with Sarson ka saag. Makki ka aata is also known as sweet corn flour. Working with this flour is very tricky but with practice it will become easy once you get it , how to use. Today i am sharing recipe for Makki ke prathe with fenugreek leaves, radish etc that gives crunchy tasty pratha for breakfast can be served with butter or curd.
for makki ke prathe you need following ingredients.
- Makki ka aata-3 cups
- Chopped fenugreek leaves- 1/2 cup
- Radish 1/2 cup grated and squeezed water separated
- 2 green chilies chopped
- Salt as appropriate
- carom seeds 1/4 tsp
- Oil for shallow frying
- Warm water to knead dough
Instructions to make pratha:
- Mix Makki ka aata, carom seeds and salt in bowl.
- Add fenugreek leaves , grated radish, chilies to bowl , mix well and leave for 2 mins covered. water from radish will came out when came in contact with salt.
- Add warm water. Mix and knead to make a smooth dough
- With a damp kitchen cloth, cover the dough for 10 minutes
- Take part of dough approx size of medium size cupcake. make a ball with your palm, flatten all the dough pieces.
- On flat board place poly-bag or flat sheet and grease it with oil so dough won’t stick to sheet while making pratha.
- Now Place Flat dough pieces on sheet and wet your hand with water and tap on dough with your wet hands to spread it and make a round shape flat bread.
- Place iron Griddle or pan on high flame.
- Keep your hand on flat bread and flip sheet on your hand and carefully remove sheet from bread and place flat bread on iron Griddle or pan to cook.(be careful pan is hot and after place bread if it break somewhere you can fix with pressing it )
- Flip bread when cook from one side and let it cook from other side as well. Put 1-2 teaspoonful of oil all around it and cook.
- Keep the pratha turning brown spotted and well cooked on both sides
- Pratha is now ready to be served. Serve it hot with butter or curd.