Kheer / rice pudding is traditional Indian sweet/dessert, everyone loves Kheer. It takes some time to cook and need some patience to get best flavor and taste. Kheer taste yummy when it is hot or cold. We enjoyed both when I make Kheer. My daughter like hot and cold both version and she keep one bowl separately in refrigerator, so she can enjoy cold version later on.
- Rice 1/3 cup
- Full cream Milk 1 litter
- Evaporated milk 100 gram (optional)
- Green cardamom powder 1/3 tsp
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Chopped almonds 1/3 cup
- Raisins 1/4 cup
- Full cream milk 1/2 litter more if not using evaporated milk
- Wash rice and soak for 2 hours.
- Boil milk in heavy bottom pan and add rice to cook in milk on medium heat. Keep stirring so milk won’t stick at bottom of pan.
- When rice cooked well, you can use a masher to mash rice a little bit to mix well in milk and thick the consistency.
- Add evaporated milk if you are using.
- add cardamom powder, sugar, almonds and raisins, keep 1 tsp aside for garnishing.
- Mix all together and keep it boiling for few more minutes till mixture turns little thick consistency of pudding.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot and garnish with chopped almonds and raisins.
Tip: Kheer can be served hot or cold, for cold serving keep it in refrigerator for 1 hour and serve chilled.