Khaman dhokla (instant)
Khaman Dhokla is one of the most famous snack or breakfast in gujrat. It’s a lot of preparation to make dhokla but I like instant dhokla takes just 20 mins. Following is the ingredients you need and instructions to make sponge khaman dhokla.
- 1 cup Besan (gram flour)
- 1/2 cup Semolina
- 1 tsp Salt
- Fruit salt 1 sanche or 1.5 tsp
- 1 cup Yogurt(Dahi)
- Pinch yellow food color (optional)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Oil for greasing
Ingredients For Tadka:
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Pinch of Hing(Asafoetida)
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Curry leaves 2 tsp
- Green chillies 2 slits
- Add besan and semolina in a bowl. Mix yogurt , salt , sugar, food color , add besan and semolina to it , add 1/2 cup of water and beat well. Make smooth paste add little more water if required.
- Keep it aside for 5 mins
- Grease a dhokla maker if you have for steamer or grease a square shape microwave dish.
- After 5 mins add fruit salt to prepared batter and mix well. Pour batter instantly in greased dhokla maker steamer or microwave dish.
- If preparing in steamer add water at bottom and place dhokla container and close lid and wait for 10 mins for it to steam up.
- If using microwave lightly cover microwave dish and place in microwave. Microwave it for 5 mins.
- After time is over ,use fork to check from center of dhokla if it’s done ( if it stick to fork means dhokla need to steam more if fork comes out clean means dhokla is well cooked).
- Ccut dhokla in square pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a fry pan ,add pinch of Hing(Asafoetida) and 1 tsp of mustard seeds when seeds start to crackle, add curry leaves and green chillies to it. Our dhokla tempering is ready.
- Pour tadka on dhokla and serve with green chutney or cocunut chutney .
if you want dhokla to little more moist, add 1 tbsp of sugar , 1 tbsp of Lemon juice and 1 tsp of salt and mix well till sugar dissolve. Pour it on dhokla before pouring tadka. This will moist dhokla if you feel it’s dry.