- 2 cup Whole Urad Dal
- 1/2 cup red kidney beans
- 1 medium size onion
- 1/2 tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds(methi seeds optional)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger sliced
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Soak urad and kidney beans overnight and Drain
- Pressure cook Urad dal and and kidney beans with 3 times water of total quantity of dal and kidney beans, we have 2+1/2 cup so will use approx 71/2 cup of water
- Add sliced ginger 1/2 tea spoon in cooker , along with salt and turmaric powder. and close the lid and cook for 8 whistles
- after 8 whistles , switched off flame and let the pressure come out by itself don’t rush and when it opens add milk
- put it on low flame for 10 mins to cook and after 10 mins switched off flame .
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds(if using). when it start to change color add onion and and fry till golden brown
- now add remaining Ginger slices, ginger garlic paste , tomatoes and all spices and cook for 5 mins.
- when its get cooked add tomato puree and cover it for 2 more mins and till it will oils on corner of pan.
- Now add cooked dal and garam masala(add 1 cup water if its very thick)
Add creams ,mix and cover it ,cook on simmer for 5 more mins.
switched off the flame
Dal Makhni is ready.
Garnish With Ginger strings , coriander leaves and fresh cream.
Serve with hot naan