- 1 cup Rice
- 2 pinch Asafoetida(Hing)
- 1 green Chili
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 5 cup Yogurt
- 1 tsp Grated ginger
- Salt to taste
- Wash rice and soak for 15 minutes. And drain after 15 mins.
- Add 1.5 cup water to pressure cooker and boil it now add rice to it.Add salt to taste and mix and pressure cook rice till you hear one whistle.
- Cool down the rice and When the rice cool down a little, add curd into it and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Take a pan and heat oil over medium flame, add cumin and mustard seeds. Cook until the seeds splutter , add grated ginger.
- When ginger turns light brown, add curry leaves , chopped green chilies and asafoetida and switch off the flame. Pour the aromatic seasoning over curd rice. Serve it chilled!