Cheesy Veg Uttapam
Cheesy Veg Uttapam is very light and healthy for kids, easy way to feed them veggies if they are picky to eat veggies. You can add any veggie as per your choice. It’s easy and quick to make. Following is the ingredients and instructions to make Uttapam.
- Fine Semolina 1 and 1/2 cup
- Chopped veggies (cabbage, green pepper, green beans, carrots) 1 cup
- Tomato 1/4 cup fine chopped
- Onion 1/4 cup fine chopped
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- grated cottage cheese 1 tbsp
1) Mix Yogurt and Semolina in a bowl with salt, coriander powder and black pepper powder. Make dropping consistency better if yougurt is thick you may need to add water to bring it with dropping consistency.
2) Keep batter aside for 10 minutes to rest, semolina will rise as it soaks liquid in it.
3) mix all chopped Vegetables and add some salt and pepper, strain excess water from vegetables. Add cheese to it.
3) Heat a flat base pan and grease it with little oil, when pan is hot slow down the heat and sprinkle water on it to maintain proper temperature and wipe of water.
4) Spread 1/2 cup uttapam batter on pan with help of deep metal spoon or metal bowl in 1/2-inch-thick circular disk shape, increase flame to medium.
5) Sprinkle chopped vegetables on top of spreaded batter on pan and cover it for 5 minutes on low medium heat. Sprinkle some oil around the edges of uttapam and press vegetables from the top with the help of spatula.
6) When you see crusty corner carefully flip it once to let vegetables cooked from top as well. (vegetables are chopped so it is easily cooked in steam as well when we cover it on medium heat flame). Sprinkle some oil around corners again and let it cook for 1 min.
7) Flip it again to check and if well cooked served with coconut chutney or any chairmen you like.
Tip: If it takes time for you to sprinkle vegetables on top and cook, you can directly mix chopped veggies in batter and make uttappam without much efforts and kids will not be able to see veggies.