Channa Bhatura (Instant Bhatura)
Channa Bhatura is Punjabi’s favorite breakfast, it’s heavy breakfast to start your day with lots of energy and calories. Health conscious people may find it little unhealthy as it’s fried but occasionally it’s ok to have your favorite breakfast.
Here I am describing recipe of Bhatura that is served with spicy Channa (spicy chick peas). You can find recipe of Channa on this link click here for Channa recipe.
Bhatura is crispy puffed deep-fried bread. Bhatura looks crispy from outside but soft from inside. Main thing for having good Bhatura is to prepare good dough, if dough is good you will get good Bhaturas.
Ingredients for Bhatura:
- Refine flour 3 cup
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Oil 3 tsp
- Milk 1 cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
Instructions to make Bhatura:
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix well. Add 3 tsp oil and rub with your hand to have crumble like texture of flour or you can use food processor to make dough.
- Add 1 cup milk in bowl and knead the soft dough. If required, you can add little water. Cover the dough to rest with Lid and keep it aside for 30 mins.
- In deep frying pan, heat oil for frying.
- Now take cupcake size dough in your hand and make a ball and use oil in your hand so dough won’t stick. Flat the ball in your hand. On clean surface grease some oil rolls the dough ball in circular shape disc with help of rolling pin.
- Slip flat dough bread in hot oil carefully and let it come on oil surface by itself and press gently with frying ladle to puff Bhatura. flip it to cook on other side, when it’s crispy golden from from both sides, take out on paper towel for excess oil to be spaced by paper towel.
- Serve immediately with chick peas or Aloo curry.