Bread roll is stuffed bread cutlets crispy crunchy outside but soft fillers inside. In winters and rainy days hot bread rolls as breakfast or snacks are mouth watering with a cup of hot tea. Bread rolls are served with green / mint chutney or turmind sauce.
- Bread slices 4
- Boiled medium size potato 1
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder 1/3 tsp or as per taste
- Fine chopped green chilly 1
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Chopped green coriander 1 tbsp(optional)
- Chaat masala 1 tsp
- Chopped onion 1 tbsp(optional)
- Oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl add boil potato and mash it. Mix salt, chili powder, chaat masala, green chilly, chopped coriander leaves, chopped onion and mix them all together to make filling.
- Take bread slices and cut the corners if you want, spray some water or dip lightly in water bowl and squeeze between your palm.
- Place some filling in center of the bread, close the corners of the bread and it will form a rectangle shape. when filling is close inside the bread , you can give round or oval shape to your roll with your fingers. Keep all rolls aside.
- In a deep-frying pan heat some oil for frying. When oil is hot, deep fry your rolls until it’s golden brown and crispy. Make sure oil is not too hot otherwise, rolls will not be cooked well from inside.
- Take out on absorbing paper and serve hot with chutney.
TIP: In filling if you want you can add 1 tbsp of grated cottage cheese or mozzarella cheese and mix to give it cheese flavor.