Aloo Tikki Chaat
Today, I am going to share with you recipe of my all time favorite dish aloo tiki chaat. I remembered when I was kid and went to restaurant I always order aloo tikki chaat. Aloo tikki chaat is crispy crunchy aloo patties stuffed with chunked filling and serve hot with yummy mint chutney and turmind chutney.
In north India you will find aloo tikki chaat stalls in every corner, here in Canada, I don’t eat aloo tikki chaat outside because it’s not spicy as in India and not even crunchy and crispy. So I always make at home when I feel like eating something spicy and yummy.
- Aloo(potato) 4 medium boiled and peeled
- Boiled Chana daal 1/3 cup
- Bread crumbs 1/3 cup
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala 2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Dry anar dana 1 tsp(optional)
- Turmind (red )chutney 4 tbsp
- Green mint chutney 3 tbsp.
- Oil for frying.
- Yougurt 1 cup
- Roasted cumin powder 1 tsp
- Mash potato in a bowl , add salt, red chili powder , coriander powder, 1/2 tsp chaat masala powder, bread crumbs and mix well to form a soft ball .
- Add boiled Chana daal in a bowl ,crush dal with hand and add salt, red chili powder ,1 tsp chaat Masala powder and mix well. Filling is ready.
- Take a portion of potato mixture , roll it will your hand to form a ball . press gently between palms to flatten ball and make a hole with your finger to fill up the filling . add I tsp of prepared filling in potato mixture ball . roll it again to form ball ,press little bit with your palm to flatten it to form tikki . Prepare all tikki like this and keep it aside.
- Now heat 1 tbsp oil in flat base pan and place tikki on it , when it cooked from one side flip it to cook from other side. Cook it well till it looks golden crunchy on both sides. Place them on paper towel for access oil to absorb by paper towel. Cook all tikki like this.
- Beat 1 cup of yogurt with 1 tsp of salt, place 2 tikki in each serving plate cover it with yogurt,sprinkle pinch of red chili powder, chaat masala , roasted cumin powder. Spread one tsp of red chutney and one tsp of green chutney on it to add flavor to spicy yummy chaat.
Tip: if you want you can add chopped onions,chopped coriander leaves, boiled chick peas, pomegranate seed to add flavor to it. I like taste of tikki chaat dip in yogurt with chutney and spices.