Aloo Paneer Kulcha
Aloo Paneer Kulcha is popular Indian flat bread, stuffed with spiced potatoes and paneer stuffing. For stuffed kulcha, there can be any variations as per taste. But paneer and aloo stuffing combination taste yummy and soft inside. Traditionally only Tandoor ovens were used to make kulcha and naan bread, but i am making this kulcha on tawa itself, if you want, you can make it in tandoor ovens as well using same method. if you don’t have tandoor even then you can enjoy home made kulcha at home.
Following is the ingredients and step by step instructions to make stuffed masala aloo paneer kulcha.
- Refine flour (maida) 1 cup
- Oil 1 tsp
- Baking powered 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda 1 pinch
- Milk 1/3 cup
- For stuffing:
- Grated paneer (cottage cheese) 3 tbsp
- Mashed boiled potato 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 1/3 tsp
- Coriander powder 1/3 tsp
- Dry mango powder 1 pinch
- Fine Chopped green chillies and coriander 1 tbsp
METHOD TO MAKE STUFF KULCHA:
- Add 1 cup flour in a bowl, mix salt, baking soda and baking powder in flour. Add milk to knead the dough it should be medium soft, rub oil in your hand and knead dough again with hand so oil will incorporate in dough well. Cover the dough and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix all the stuffing ingredients to make kulcha stuffing.
- Now divide dough in 3 equal parts and make a ball, press in center to make a pit for filling and fill 1.5 tbsp of filling in center pit of dough and make a ball again.
- Press the dough ball in between your palms and make a flat bread with the help of your hands or using rolling pin on clean surface.
- Heat Tawa or iron skillet on stove and place flat bread on it. When it’s cooked from one side, brush some oil on other side and flip. Cook from both sides.
- Serve stuffed aloo paneer Kulcha immediately with yogurt/ butter.