Indian breakfast without paratha looks like didn’t eat anything whole day. Ajwan paratha is simple , tasty and help in digestion not heavy on tummy. Ajwayan partha can be severed with butter , pickle or yogurt. Ajwayan(carom seeds) is ancient Indian herbs which is used to cure many stomach problems such as gas , bloating etc… today I will show you how to use in paratha for healthy start of day
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tea soon carom seeds ( ajwayan)
- pinch of red chili powder
- 1 tsp oil for kneading dough
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil for cooking
- Add whole wheat flour in a large bowl with salt, 1 tsp oil , red chili powder and mix well
- Slowly add water and mix flour with your hand and knead dough to make a soft dough ball . Keep dough aside for 10 mins covered with lid or Muslim cloth.
- Roll small amount of dough in your palm to make a ball and flattened with palm. Now dip ball in dry flour ,roll on clean surface with the help of rolling pin and make a thick flat bread (use more dry flour to dust if dough stick) now add 1/2 tsp of oil in center of dough bread and fold corner to center to make square or triangle.
- again dust with dry flour and roll again to make 1/2 inch thick flat bread.
- Heat a flat griddle or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Dust some dry flour on pan to test if it turn out brown means pan is ready for cooking.
- flap paratha from surface to your hand and remove extra dry flour from it and put it on griddle or skillet. And wait for few seconds for Paratha to cook from one side when it’s cooked from one side flip it and wait for few more seconds until you see bubble on it. Spread 1 tsp oil on one side of paratha and flip ,spread oil on other side as well and press the corners with the help of spatula. It will make paratha crispy and crunchy, cook till it will golden brown and well cooked from both sides (1-2 mins max).
- Cut paratha in half and serve with butter/yogurt/curries or pickle or without anything.